For an efficient and experienced chimney cleaner look no further. Our Company can help. Whether it's a single or a number of chimneys we will be able to assist.
Our Office hours are:
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and
Saturdays from 8am to 12am.
Safety first should be the watchword whenever we do something or make use of anyhting, this includes the chimney.
Chimney fires are not a regular occurence but when they do happen they burn fiercely and can do untold damge to a property and even destroy homes and cause loss of life. A chimney fire happens when the build-up of soot and creosote in the chimney ignite.
Once the creosote ignites it burns at an incredibly high temperature which can cause the masonry of the chimney to crack or even break apart. This is when the fire spreads to the rest of the house uncontrollably.
Debris which is caught in the chimney can also catch alight and in the instances where it does not fall through into the fireplace this debris will add to the creosote in the chimney, encouraging the fire.
Preventing a chimney fire requires you to be vigilant and conscious of how your fire and fireplace are behaving. Usually having your chimney cleaned will prevent any unfortunate incidents regarding a chimney fire.
Debris falling into the fireplace when there is no fire could indicate an obstruction.
You notice cracks appearing in the chimneys masonry but nowhere else. This could be because you already had a chimney fire and the cracks are due to heat damage.
If the room fills with smoke but the damper has been opened and your wood is dry and well seasoned you may have a soot build-up in the chimney which needs to be cleaned away.
If your wood is wet or greener than usual it will burn slower and creat condensation which whill cause the soot to adhere to the inside of the chimney, increasing the risk of a chimney fire.
A very real possibility where chimneys are not maintained, carbon monoxide poisoning can become sever very quickly and end in very unpleasant results and even death.
Find out more about carbon monoxide poisoning here.
What not to do in your fireplace.
Burn only wood or anthracite in your fireplace. This will depend on the type of fireplace you have.
Do not burn rubbish, plastics and general rubbish contain chemicals which could harm your lungs and health, rather discard of your rubbish in the conventional manner.
Do not leave the fire unattended. Make sure it has been completely extinguished before you go to bed.